Ability to chain curves with Surface from 2, 3 or 4 edged curves command

Hi,
why is there no chain edges command, take for example this attached .

To do first surface I need to split A and B, then to do surface 2 I need to join A and B, then to do surface 3 I need to split C and D, and so on,

If I could keep all the lines split, and pick A and B then say somehow this is one curve, then move on to picking next curve, saves duplicating every line and making variations of it to suit which bits are required for each surface it contributes to !

maybe ditch the counting, and let us pick curves that add up to the edges required ?
sURFACE 2 3 4 CURVES CHAIN EDGE.3dm (55.1 KB)

Steve

Can you post what your desired result is supposed to be? Really struggling with following your directions/ file labels to achieve a result.

Additionally, you have at least 2 instances where lines end in space and do not terminate into the lines nearby - is this intentional? I assume not but these slippages can cause some surfacing commands to fail really fast

-A

besides some lines not connecting, the curves for panels are not planar, they are all off by minute amounts (0.03, 0.07, 0.00x units) why?

Hi, attached revised 3dm, I have now called the panels surface 1 surface 2 etc, lettering occupying the area the surface will be in.

all curves now perfect at junctions, I spotted one or two a tad out after posting.

Yes they are not planar, this is how it has to be, it follows the subtle curves of the compound curve of an aircraft skin in places.
sURFACE 2 3 4 CURVES CHAIN EDGE.3dm (55.1 KB)

Steve

Why not split out the skin of the plane there?

-Pascal

Hi, sorry not understanding that ?
Steve