I just ported my Pancake plugin onto Mac platform. It provides an offline downgrader that allows Rhino 5 (GH0) user to downgrade components saved by Rhino 6 (GH1). It helps resolve compatibility issues such as this. And you don’t need a working Rhino 6 to do the conversion. The tool also works on WinV5 (but you have a better option of upgrading to Rhino 6 )
It will convert the following GH1 components to their GH0 counterparts (solving the unrecognized objects problem):
- Subtraction (with 2 inputs)
- Multiplication (with 2 inputs)
- Evaluate Surface
- Interpolate Curve (Tangent)
Since I don’t own a Mac physically, I cannot test the feature to a full extent. Tell me if you run into any bugs.
Pancake.ghato component folder. Restart Rhino
Save your Rhino/loaded Grasshopper files, and make sure the to-be-downgraded script isn’t loaded. Navigate through the menu and click the entry. Open the file.
- You will see a “complete success” message
or a “partial success” message
- You will find a
XXXXX_downgraded.ghin the same directory
- You will still see “IO message” window when you open the downgraded file, because Pancake doesn’t change the GH version recorded in the file.