A 2d line-drawn perspective view inserted into model space

I recall that there’s away to get a Rhino-generated perspective line drawing from a perspective detail view or viewport into Rhino model space as a flat plane of 2d vector linework. I can’t recall how and it’s a difficult thing to search with so many unspecific terms. Any suggestions?

Hello - ChangeSpace may be what you are looking for.

-Pascal

I thought this was a case for Make2D

Whichever turns a perspective view into a line drawing in 2d. I’ll be trying it in the morning. Both seem to have promise.

Hi David -

It’s Make2D that you are looking for.
-wim

Hi! ChangeSpace - interesting command!
Did a quick test: it does not project 3d objects onto 2d, just moves them over to the other ‘space’. (after all it’s perfectly possible to keep breps, not only curves, in Layout space).
However, I checked what happens to a rotated box, and after ChangeSpace it was rotated back to match the xy plane of the Layout.
after ChangeSpace:

Bit strange…

Hi Eugen -

I’m not seeing that here.

The command will project all objects to the detail view’s screen CPlane and flatten it according to that view. The 3 objects that are selected at the top left were created from the perspective detail - the 3 objects at the bottom left from the detail immediately next to it. Flattening 3D objects will create bad objects when curves are collapsed into points or surfaces into lines…
-wim

Hello! Yes, the object that was rotated was an extrusion, not a brep. After a ConvertExtrusion, it worked as you show.
Could be a bug.

It is indeed Make2D that works best. I can’t get hidden line removal with ChangeSpace.