Meshroomvr

Hi @carvecream

Haven’t used it, but the pricing… OMG! Look into Simlab Composer (400 USD for a perpetual license) or learning Unity/Unreal Engine. 3468 Euro (that’s just over 4K USD) for a single year license is plain robbery!!! There’s also Mindesk VR, which should run inside Rhino - haven’t used that either, but at least it’s half price (2K USD) for a full year subscription. But seriously… if it’s “just” a matter of doing product reviews, either doing it directly in Unity (it really isn’t that complicated) or using something like Simlab Composer - which does animations and a few sfx as well - should be more than enough. I reckon I could bring a Rhino model into VR in less than 10 minutes using Composer - create ground, import model, drag’n’drop materials, set start position, press play… it really is that simple. They do use their own proprietary viewer (free download!), but that about the only drawback I can think of (and I seem to recall, that you can actually export to Unity from Simlab Composer, but not sure/haven’t tried it). And Composer does 3D PDF, rendering and other stuff as well. At least check out the trial before investing that much money in Meshroom.
HTH, Jakob