6.0 SR16 German Bug: '_SynchronizeViews sometimes saved, sometimes not

Hi…,

using '_SynchronizeViews somtimes saved, sometimes not. After loading a file the sync is gone.

Seams OK with the english user interface, with the german not.

Thanks

Michael
www.flexiCAD

Hi Michael - so, you SynchronizeViews save the file, close it, with no further view changes and then on reopening the file your views are not as they were - do I have that right? My guess of the moment is that the viewport sizes are not the same on reopening when this happens. vp corners fall on a grid when Rhino opens and this is often slightly different than the vp corner locations as the file is closed.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

1. I switch to permanent synhronized viewports by toolbar (-_Options _View _LinkedViewports _Enter _Enter)
  2. close Rhino (german), start Rhino, viewports are still synchronized
  3. open file, viewports are not synchronized anymore

Hm?

Cheers

Michael

Hi Michael - SynchronizeViews is a one-time command, it does not keep the views synced or affect Rhino in general. Are we on the same page? There is also linked viewports, in Options > View… that should persist in all files. Is that what you are referring to?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

sorry, my fault. I am talking about the permanent synchronization, option LinkedViewports, attached a picture.

Sorry again

Michael

Hi Michael - OK, thanks, I’ll see if I can reproduce this.
My first try seems to be as expected, in German - @Michael_Meyer - is there any detail that can be added to the steps you outlined above? Multiple Rhino’s open, perhaps one has toggled off the link, something like that?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

I open just one Rhino session, attached a video of the bug:

It seams the error comes from a file. I send you the file in private to: https://rhino-3d.appspot.com/upload

Thanks

Michael

P.S.: Could it be related to the renaming of the german front viewport name to “Vorwärts”. @Joachim_Kuntz, I vote strongly to rename it back to “Front”, “Vorwärts” sounds like the name of a nazi magazin from the second world war.

Hi Michael - thanks, I see this with the file you sent me.

https://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-53876

-Pascal

1 Like