3d sketching in rhino? check it out

Okay having watched your full breakdown video Kyle… this is really cool. I like the ‘Halo’ as a display thing anyway for a start, that could totally make it in without the line tapers for me just as something that would probably be easier to see and work with on a daily basis.

I’d be tempted to just say keep it up… plus:

• ZBuffer needs to just have a control for the min/max. Someone did a plugin IIRC with a slider, that should just be default rather than hidden away somewhere. When you showed the ZBuffer trick too occlude some of your sketch, I was genuinely really impressed. A great thought. See below:
    Better use of viewport ZBuffer functionality please - #11 by Mahdiyar

• The undo stuff you mentioned within the command, seems a no brainer in a SketchMultiple, or something.

• Fancy Lines by layer?

• Then it seems like it would be a case of having shortcuts and highly interactive CPlane stuff. The Cplane ‘Elevation’ is a very useful command as an example, where you could quickly go from World Right >> to something in line with one of your wheels. A crazy off the bat idea would be something like, a CPlane which locks to be in front of the view, and you can visualise how ‘deep’ / far away it is by everything behind it being a certain colour, or transparency.

• There’s that old CurveOnSurface plugin isn’t there. Could this ‘Sketch’ focus be something that brings Curve on Surface tools back the fore? This is something that is critical in footwear - the idea of a lightweight, easy to control curve with very few points, which is pulled (behind the scenes) to a complex surface. Make sense?