1. Solution exception:unable to convert resthopper data

Hi,

I’m having this issue when I create a hops component. I didn’t have any issues when I had all the same nodes (no cluster or hops) in grasshopper, nor did I have any issues when I made it into a cluster. I can’t share too much more than the error, so maybe someone could just describe to me some common reasons why this might happen?

Thanks

What types on inputs and outputs are you defining in your definition being called by hops?

Inputs: Ints, Floats, Curve (I’m using Get Geometry input), and Point. Outputs: Curves, Surfaces, Ints, and planes. The data that isn’t being output (and I’m assuming is where the error is coming from) when I hook it up are the Ints and the Planes.

Does the hops component expand to show inputs and outputs when you select the definition?

Yes it does

I’m not sure that this helps or is related, but it seems it might be. I just found this RhinoDotNetCrash.txt on the desktop:

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Exception: generic param not supported
at Compute.Components.HopsComponent.DefineInputsAndOutputs()
at Compute.Components.HopsComponent.set_RemoteDefinitionLocation(String value)
at Compute.Components.HopsComponent.ShowSetDefinitionUi()
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
[END ERROR]

That definitely looks related. I’m not sure how I can debug what the problem is without seeing the definition.

Is it possible to send it directly to you so that you can take a look? It’s not something I can share publicly

Sure, you can send the definition to steve@mcneel.com. Either I or @AndyPayne will take a look and try to figure out what is going on.