0.1inch rad curve smooth and ragged at same time

Hi,
V5
why is a 0.1inch rad curve displaying both very faceted and also almost smooth on same object at same time ?

Cheers

Steve

I guess you have to change your Render mesh quality settings in the document properties?

Cheers

Hi,
I am looking in Rhino render in properties but not sure which number to alter, I seem to remember a slider but its not there.

Steve

Dear Steve

Hi guys, thanks.
angle is the magic ingredient.
Fred the article was v useful siggested angle for small items and that was far more effective than the other two settings I altered.

Steve

@Steve1
This will explain it so you understand:
https://www.hydraulicdesign.net/meshes.htm

1 Like

You’re welcome. In general, to get the best answers for you, suggest you concentrate on asking clearly thought out questions, include examples if possible/needed. Curious why did you post the images; I don’t see any purpose served?
Cheers

Hi John, thanks will persue.
…great article by a great man, James Carruthers…those into aviation look no further seek out James’ work and tips.

Hi Fred, just to show others the effect of the settings, sometimes pics speak a thousand words, they see where the settings are and the effect of the values, its more than just a forum, its a reference library and I am sure folk will see that and benefit from it. I for one learn far more from images and videos. I tell others Rhino3D great choice, the forum is invaluable, newbies would benefit from seeing the result there. Folk like Pascal, John B and Fred_C will be their lifesavers :slight_smile:

Its why its such a shame 6000 images were lost, I keep finding threads where the images were vital and the entire thread is meaningless, so as Jogn said repost, the only way to fix the loss/disaster.

Steve