Where is Named Positions?

I’m very, very new to Rhino, but I have only been able to find access and edit named views. Named Positions doesn’t seem to be anywhere?

A little quick help would be greatly appreciated.

In Rhino 5, in the Panels menu check for “Named positions”.
A window will appear with all the needed tools.

Sorry, but I didn’t specify that I’m running the Mac version and I assume that makes a difference? Thanks.

Do you have a “Panels” menu item?

Nope. I even have the pseudo-Windows interface up and running.

And what happens if you type “NamedPosition” ?
If the command exists, you can use this form: “_-NamedPosition” and you’ll have several options including “Visible” to show the panel.

This has yet to be implemented in the work in progress of Rhino for Mac. I filed it here though for future reference… http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-903

I’m also using Rhino for Mac and would love to see this feature being added in the near future.

Sorry if reviving this topic is not the appropriate to add my “+1” to a feature request, this is my first time posting to this forum.

Thanks
Felix

Has there been any progress?

None that I know of but I added your comment to the feature request.

@BrianJ has there been any progress on ‘named positions’ ?

It’s listed for v6 on Mac currently but I don’t know when that will happen. @dan may have more of an idea on what this will require and when to expect it.

@BrianJ @dan I’d like to hope it can be implemented in v5 for Mac, its been on the list for 3 years :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, Named Positions will not be included in Rhino 5 for Mac. We hope to have this feature in Rhino 6 for Mac.