Vray rhino mac when will be available, anybody knows?

Don’t hold your breath…

First McNeel has to finish and publish the SDK for Rhino for Mac in order that plug-in developers can start to develop for that platform. Then the developers have to code and test their plug-ins.

So I think we’re at least a year away, maybe more… And that’s assuming ChaosGroup do want to run on Mac Rhino, we’re assuming that’s the case, but that decision is up to them, actually.

–Mitch

Thanks for the update, Mitch!

A

This part is completed. So now it is only up to third-parties to develop their plug-ins.

Not exactly. Only RhinoCommon-dotnet based plug-ins are currently supported as far as I know. They’re working on other types. V-Ray is probably C++.

–Mitch

also the Render development kit (RDK) who render Plugins needed is not implemented yet.

Just to elaborate on this issue a little - perhaps at the risk of sounding like a broken-record to some people. We do not currently have plans for a C/C++ SDK for Rhino for Mac. That said, it is possible and supported to wrap native C/C++ libraries in .NET code that can be called using RhinoCommon. This is the route we are recommending to plugin developers with C/C++ libraries as the best way forward - on both platforms.

For those interested, check out the following guides:

Hi, have there been any developments on this issue in the past year? Any chance Vray for Rhino Mac could be available in the foreseeable future?

Thanks in advance!

We haven’t heard a peep out of ChaosGroup.
I’d suggest contacting them to see where they are in the development and release process.

Thank you John for the quick response! Might you know if any other integrated plugin renderers are available for Rhino for Mac at this point?

None so far that I know of.
Most Mac Rhino users are using the Mac version of the Maxwell renderer.
I have no personal experience with Maxwell, but most users seem happy with it.

Keyshot.

anybody know of any news for vray for mac rhino yet ? @dan @John_Brock
tia, :slight_smile:

I haven’t heard a peep.
I’d recommend contacting the Vray developers directly.

1 Like

hi John, I did contact them and just got this reply , not really an enlightening or helpful answer, lol :slight_smile:

Hello Miles,

We are sorry to report, but V-Ray for Rhino is only avilable for Windows.
We refrain from giving any information about future products or releases before an official announcement is made.
Please regularly check our web site for any updates or news on the subject.

If you need any further assistance, please reply to this email.

Thank you,
Chaos Group Support

Any news for Vray rhino for mac?
why they dont relize it?? any one knows anything?

They haven’t said anything to us in Rhino Development.

How about now?

I haven’t heard anything at all.
@Peter.Chaushev, have you heard anything you can confirm or deny?

At this point I can only state there will not be a MacOS version as part of the upcoming V-Ray 3.6 for Rhino release.
It is still on our roadmap but currently not with the highest priority.

Kind regards,
Peter Chaushev
V-Ray for Rhino QA
www.chaosgroup.com

1 Like

I think they should definitely make a Vray for Rhino Mac.

Rhinoceros for mac gets better and better and for small businesses the mac platform is easier to handle.

I recently bought Maxwell for Rhino Mac and I think it already works quiet well.

Would like to buy Vray as well if it would be avalible.