Unwanted wireframe

It happens very often that the Split command in a Render view transform all views in wireframe.

Thanks.
Giuseppe

If you switch from Wireframe mode back to Rendered does everything return to normal afterwards?

–Mitch

yeah, it’s always done that.

i’ve just sort of accepted it and use shortcuts to get back to the display mode i was working in.

OK, then that’s definitely a Mac side bug, Windows Rhino doesn’t do that usually, unless you created a bad object or something. If you have a sample file that can repeat this, I guess it would be good to post it here for filing the bug - if it hasn’t been already filed… --Mitch

here’s a file that it will happen in… it will also show the slowdown as each cylinder is split one by one. (i’m not sure if that’s ‘normal’ speed?)

SplitTheCylinders.3dm (1.4 MB)

set the display to shaded then split the cylinders with the plane

OK I need to fire up my Mac to test, but I didn’t find any youtrack item for this - will test first on Windows as a control.

Takes about 10 seconds here on my Windows box. If display is in Rendered, it stays rendered. Are you seeing the cylinders split one by one? If that’s the case, someone forgot to cut the redraw in the Mac version during the command…

Gotta get out the Mac laptop now…

yeah, it takes maybe 10 secs.

and yes, they visually split one by one.

history shows:

Command:  Split
Render meshing failed or was canceled. Switching to wireframe display.
91 polysurfaces split into 182 pieces.

OK I need to fire up my Mac to test, but I didn’t find any youtrack item for this - will test first on Windows as a control.

Takes about 10 seconds here on my Windows box. If display is in Rendered, it stays rendered. Are you seeing the cylinders split one by one? If that’s the case, someone forgot to cut the redraw in the Mac version during the command…

Gotta get out the Mac laptop now…

Oh, yeah, that looks bad… Someone forgot to cut the screen redraw during Split (pretty easy bug to fix). I don’t know why it reverts to Wireframe, but maybe it’s related?. I will file this as a bug in a bit if someone doesn’t beat me to it - gotta go eat dinner now…

OK, @dan bug filed: http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-1128

–Mitch