[?] Unable to load plug-in: Plug-in Error

Hi,

I am setting up and installing my new PC and I got loading plugin error message while starting Rhino.
I am using Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit and latest Rhino Version 5 SR10 64-bit (5.10.41201.11145, 1. 12. 2014).
I have Rhino RDK installed (rhrdk_release_20110331.exe) too.

I am not able to load RhinoThearos rendering plugin. It shows up this message:

Rhino Plug-in Error
RhinoThearosV5_x64.rhp
Unable to load RhinoThearosV5_x64.rhp plug-in: application initialization failed.

Does anybody know where is the problem? My older computer is running it well and my colleagues as well.

Any info how to solve it will be very appriciated.

My new PC hardware config:
MB: ASUS X99-A
CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 3.3 GHz
RAM: 16GB DDR4
GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 980 (ASUS Strix)

Hi Petr- not sure why you have an rdk installed separately from Rhino- Rhino 5 inlcudes the rdk, so there could be some confusion there. I have no idea if this affects Thearos…

-Pascal

Hi pascal
Thank you for your fast reply.
Thea Render on its website has this requirements for using RhinoThearos plugin:

Requirements: XP/Vista/7 (x86-x64), Rhino 4.0 SR 7 and above, Rhino RDK 4.1e and above
and there is a link for it: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rdk/4.0/release

So i just followed this. Do you think is it important to have it installed or redundant?
I will try to uninstall it, if it will help.

Thanks for your help.

If the plug-in runs in Rhino 4.0, then it should also run in Rhino 5 32 bit, but not Rhino 5 64 bit.

The RhinoThearos plugin is for 64bit version of Rhino

Are you available for remote help using e.c. TeamViewer?
Will it help somehow if you remotely look on it?

when i compare installations on both computers (old vs. new one) i found that old one is pointing reg keys in Windows to path :

\HKEY-CURRENT-USER\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0x64\Plug-Ins\ ++hex key++

but new computer registry path is:

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0x64\Plug-ins\ ++hex key++

++hex key++ it means a long hex number

May there be a problem? I don’t know why it is different.

Both systems are running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

I noticed, that i didn’t have installed .NET Framework
May the plug-in problem be related to this?

EDIT: No, it does not solved the plugin problem :frowning:

Have you contacted the developer?

https://www.rhino3d.com/resources/?id=4960

Hi Dale.

Yes, I hope they can help quickly (i was told on Wednesday).
It is crucial thing, I need it for my daily work and it freaks me out especially when I bought a new quite expensive but powerful hardware and it does not work properly as expected :confused:

I was just curious if you may know anything what should I install to solve this issue - like any SDK or RDK or C++ or .NET things…

This is not due to the installing platform but due to the fact that Thea 1.4 has removed certain registry key which are searched for by Rhinothearos plugin.

If you have installed Thea 1.4 over Thea 1.3 the issue doesn’t rise up. If you have instead installed Thea 1.4 from scratch or removing the previous Thea 1.3 installation, since the older registry keys are gone you encounter the issue.

Please check the following keys or eventually add the twos below

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Solid Iris\Thea Render]
“Data Path”=“C:\Users\Damiano\AppData\Local\Thea Render”

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Solid Iris\Thea Render]
“Data Path”=“C:\Users\Damiano\AppData\Local\Thea Render”

Regards, R.

Riccardo,

it realy solved the issue.
Many many thanks!

Hey Pit, sorry but didn’t noticed that both path were referring to a user called Damiano. PLease update both to reflect your user name.

Regards, R.

Hey there. I was also struggling with loading lumionlivesync plugin and it always showed error no matter how many times i restart and reinstall but if u go to rhino > options > plug-ins > and check the “ask to load disabled plug-ins” > restart rhino

It should work the next time u open it. Hope this helps :slight_smile: