Trial Version Service Release Candidate Possible?

Hi all,

Today I created my plugin with a Service Release Candidate and wanted to install it on a client computer so he can see if he wants the software. Now he got SR10 and my plugin runs on SR11. Is it possible to get SR11 for a service release candidate? Because if I put his trial version Rhinoceros on Service Release Candidate it wont show SR11.

Thank you in advance.

Jordy

I think so.
In Rhino Options - Updates and Statistics, change the Update frequency from Service Releases to Service Release Candidate.
Then let is download in the background.
ONce fully downloaded and you start or stop Rhino, you’ll be asked about installing the update.

Hi Jordy- if you are compiling scripts into plug-ins, one way you can do it is to point the compiler at a RhinoCommon.dll from an earlier SR, like SR 9 and compile from that- then Rhino 5 SR9 + will all work for the plug-in. Here is the SR9 RhinoCommon:

RhinoCommon.zip (481.6 KB)

-Pascal

Thanks both of you. I had already changed it to service Release Candidate but when I click “check now…” it won’t show the SR11 one but tells SR10 is the newest one.

I’m not only compiling scripts @pascal but I almost did the same as your telling me. I took the SR10 rhinocommon from the clients computer and compiled my plugin with that one. Guess I didn’t use a new command from SR11 :slight_smile: