Textures not rendering on blocks (Vray)

Rhino, yes. Vray, I wouldn’t know…

I updated to SR6 and it makes no difference

@skysurfer or another vray user will have to chime in with regard to the vray issue but I’m just curious how you updated to SR6 - after all SR8 is the current version.

Sorry I meant SR8.
Like I said, the problem still persists … very frustrating.

I have to check this but in the meanwhile you can use proxy instead.
That’s also lot faster to render…

Thanks skysurfer. I tried two ways:

1.- I made a proxy from the block itself and it seems to render fine preserving the textures. Remember, I apply a textured material to the block having created the block with “by-parent” entities.
2.- However, exporting as proxy the entities and then creating a block from the resulting proxy, it crashes rhino every time when trying to render.
So I’ll stick with option 1 for now.

However, now the original Nurbs object is gone … how do I get it back? Do I need to make a backup prior to making the proxy?
Thanks

Sorry, yes:
Options 2 doesn’t work (at all! )
And You have to keep a copy of the original geometry.
Cheers.

Thanks !

Try to delete the layers that are duplicated, that work for me.

Hi Juan,
I have this problem for my INSERT BLOCK now in sr9 too!!
could you help me more??

Thanks

Hi,
Could you help me more for this problem??

Thanks

We are in SR12. This is not a problem anymore. Please upgrade.

OK, But my version is SR11 and I still have this problem!!!???:sweat:

I make a separate object file and using Texture and Texture mapping then Insert that in my main file!! But When I want to make a render in Main file, more Clamps Apear on my Block textures!!!
WHAT IS WRONG??

Why not SR12 ? Not sure about 11. Upgrading is free.
Anyways, what are “clamps” ? Not sure what you mean. Can you send me the file (the block) ?

The forward Object is my Insert Block!!!

I need the Rino file. I cannot see what’s wrong without seeng the material or the settings. Go to the the vray menu and click “Pack scene”. This will make a zip file with all the necessary elements.

This pic Show my Problem Better!

This is the Pack scene!

No attachment here …
You need to upload the file and attach it. In the post editing window click on the icon with and up arrow