Texture mapping in Mac Rhino

Continuing the discussion from Release date?:

Hi Mares,

There actually are UV mapping controls in Mac Rhino like those found in Rhino 4 on Windows. Check out the commands beginning with Apply like ApplyPlanarMapping and then use MappingWidget to see and edit the mapping. Another command that is helpful is MatchMapping. All of this is lacking a UI however so it’s understandable to not know it’s there.

What UV tools do you want to see in Mac Rhino? The exact same as Rhino 5 for Windows or do the primitive options from v4 work for what you need?

Hi Brian,

Obviously it would be perfect to reproduce the 5.0 Windows version behaviour, or even improve on it ;

More seriously, I find the existing command line tools a bit crude, and any improvement there is welcome. Even if it comes in steps.

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll make sure we have feature requests filed for this area.

Hello, thank you for this tip, now i can use applyboxmapping for example, but is there some way to change dimensions, position etc., of this mapping?

Use MappingWidget to see the dotted line mapping object for editing. MappingWidgetOff hides it.

When I map a polysurface the map tiles even though tiling is set to 1 please help

The default UV mapping method for all surfaces and polysurfaces is by surface domain. In the case of a polysurface, each surface within it will get the texture in the material mapped to it’s U and V coordinates respectively.

If that doesn’t help, can you make a new topic here on the forum and upload a file to explain your question?