Tag objects with text

I really like the fx options of the text in rhino 5 and 6.

What would be really useful now if i could link this text to the object position.
I can of course group them but than the usebuility is not working anymore as fluent.
Another thing i could imagine is a checkbox for the display of length and area on/off for curves or hatches.
By default the position is the Center but I can than also move the text to a position.
As soon as i only drag the object the text also moves with the object.

thx Tom

Hi Tom - If you group, you can make this work with Ctrl-Shift select (Sub-object selection) on either the curve or the text to change it within the group - a regular selection will get the entire group. Is that not good enough?

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,
the grouping works, thanks.This also solves the problem of the relationship which text has which reference, even it still can happen that there are misslinkages.
But what i am really missing is the possibilty to copy an object and the text is updated to the new objectID.

-Tom

So, you attach some text to an object, copy the object and its text and you’d like the copied text to now be attached to the copied object, right? I can see how that might not be exactly straightforward to do but hopefully I am wrong. At least a quick way to assign a new object to fx style text- click click - would be good.

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-30228

-Pascal