Student- Rhino evaluation lost after updating bootcamp drivers

I’m a student trying to learn Rhino and Grasshopper for school. I have a Macbook Pro, so I installed Windows 8 using bootcamp to be able to run Grasshopper. This was about a month ago. I’ve done a few tutorials on GH and saved as .ghx, but never saved on Rhino- meaning I should have 25 saves left. Last night, I updated Bootcamp drivers. When I went to use Rhino, it said my evaluation had run out and I would have no saves left. Also, it had trouble loading plugins,including the basic rendering taskbar, GH, and other functions.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Rhino, hoping this could possibly be enough to get another evaluation, but to no avail. Is there any way to get my trial back? 25 saves is enough for me to be able to casually open and modify projects I create at school (at least for now).

Can you rollback to before the update using a Time Machine backup?

I should have clarified ealier, I updated drivers on my Windows partition downloaded via Bootcamp. I actually hadn’t fully completed the Windows setup, last night was the first time I installed the majority of the drivers that come from Mac’s Bootcamp installation process.

Meaning, I don’t think rolling back a time machine backup would do the trick since it seems to be primarily a problem on the Windows partition.

Hi Scott- I don’t think there is any way out of this- none that I know of. I have not heard of this before as related to Bootcamp updates… we’ll have to look at that. If I find out anything that you can do to restore saves, I’ll post back. I do not know if saving ghx files is counted by the evaluation.

-Pascal

Hi Pascal, thanks for the respone. I am positive I haven’t saved GH files more than maybe 5 or 6 times either, so I don’t think that could be the issue. I was hoping there would be some way to override the expiration set on my computer so I could wipe out all my installation files and reinstall again.