SpacePilot Pro and changing viewports

Can anyone tell me if there are macros to allow switching between single screen view. I wish to assign buttons for Perspective, Top, Front, Right. Not to set view, but to switch between them.

Bill I have play around with some macros and I have had success with this set up. But they do not work all the time are not like I would like for them to. As you can see the letter T is for top view, the letter f is front and so on.

Can you assign

'_SetMaximizedViewport Top '_SetMaximizedViewport Front '_SetMaximizedViewport Right '_SetMaximizedViewport Perspective
to SpacePilot buttons? They seem to be doing what you are after.

2 wim

So it is super. I’ve tried and it’s for me, 100% better than the original settings from the factory!

Thank You

Thanks all for your input, have tried both methods and they do reset the view window rather than switch to the pane I wish to view in. Perhaps a request to the developers for some keystroke sequence that would allow us to select a window the same as clicking the mouse on the views above the working window that doesn’t reprogram the current display.

Please keep the macro ideas coming though as I am learning from your responces.

Many Thanks

Sorry, Bill, I’m probably being dense but I don’t understand what it is you want to do. I’m not sure what you mean with some of the terms like “view”, “working window”, and “view window”.

Wim, my apologise for being as clear as mud in my description.

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/joulesbee/media/Web%20Images/Rhino%20Screen_zpsy4elzcxe.jpg.html][/URL]

The sections highlighted in red are the ones I wish I could add to the View buttons on the SpacePilot. Do we have a mouse macro ?

Maybe

_SetMaximizedViewport Top (or Front, Right, Perspective…)

Haven’t tried on Mac, and don’t have a SpacePilot… --Mitch

Hmm… Still working on this :blush:
You are working in a single maximized viewport, is that correct?
At least in the Windows version, I cannot see a difference in the behavior of clicking one of these tabs versus using the macros that I posted. How are things behaving in Rhino for Mac?

The Mac version is very messy with screen flashing as it runs the command line and bumps the screen about till it updates the viewport. You also get the selections in my red highlighted area getting set to different views so when I edit the model with the mouse my first job is to reset the views to those highlighted in red. That really defeats the use of the rapid switching on the SpacePilot.

Its not a critisism of Rhino or the SpacePilot I am just trying to make the most of what I have at hand.

Helvetosaur, the SpacePilot is not mine I was offered the chance to borrow and try it out to see what I thought of it. I like the fluid motion it offers, the buttons are handy for rapid selections, however for the price I couldn’t really recommend it as its really only a tool for showing off the model ultimately. The cheapest unit from 3D connexion is probably the way to go.

Hmm, I wonder if something like

_SetRedrawOff _SetMaximizedViewport Top _SetRedrawOn

would help with the flashing?

–Mitch

Thanks for that Mitch, unfortunately the result of a couple of screen changes results in…

[URL=http://s7.photobucket.com/user/joulesbee/media/Web%20Images/Problem%20Switching_zpssrxzhef6.jpg.html][/URL]

Total screen screw up, this is only on the Rhino screens. All I can do at this point is restart Rhino. Note the view changed where I highlighted before.

LOL not quite what I wanted thankfully we are still in beta.

Hmm, I think you need to frame those, each one could easily hang in a contemporary art museum… :smile:

If I can make more money from them than I do at CAD I would be VERY happy.