[REQ] - Services in rhino

is it possible to enable osx services to be available in the Rhinoceros menu?

like these:

it’s good to have for making little automator actions (something like email this .3dm etc.)… though my personal need is to make an application switching service which can be tied to a system pref keystroke… currently, i can make a rhino service but i can’t run it from the system shortcut since there’s no menu entry for it… if we had a Services menu, the entry would then be available.

thanks for listening… i’ll clarify if need be :wink:

Yeah, I was introduced to Automator when trying to figure out how to copy a file path to the clipboard - jeez, you gotta be kidding you mean you can’t- ooops, sorry, wrong newsgroup.

I hear you, I have no idea if this is straightforward or not, but I’ll put it on the heap - thanks.

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-1280

-Pascal

thanks pascal.

i don’t know either if it’s trivial to add… i thought it was just an osx thing which is in every application (like Quit and Hide and About …as seen in the above menus)… rhino is the first app i’ve come across which doesn’t have Services listed in the menu.

but then again, i’m always making the mistake of thinking “oh, implementing that would be as simple as turning a light switch on or off” :smile:

The Services menu was getting accidentally removed during startup. This is fixed in the next WIP release.

1 Like

installed 5A683… looked at the rhinoceros menu to find the Services menu… i’ve made a couple of services for rhino already but hadn’t been able to use them as originally intended… but there they were waiting for me in the latest build. :smile:

(in other words, services are working just fine now.)