Render for Rhino for MAC?

We just released FluidRay RT 1.1.5, you can get it here: http://www.fluidray.com

This version brings a ton of exciting new features, focusing both on usability and performance:

• Updated ray-tracing engine to Embree 2.5.1, resulting in much improved performance
  • .STL format support, widely used in jewellery design and product design
  • Camera import
  • Objects are imported as separate entities when importing scenes (possibility to move or delete them individually)
  • Instance importing
  • Much improved .FBX import, greately enhancing the process of exporting from 3dsmax / Maya and importing in FluidRay
  • Bigger and much faster material/texture preview in the Browser
  • Background image opacity
  • Objects can emit light also non-uniformly, based on a texture
  • Much easier normal map import as regular textures
  • Vertical/Horizontal shift/tilt for cameras
  • Mixing different environments together
  • Increased responsiveness of Outliner and Graph Editor, especially when loading complex scenes
  • Shade 15 integration support
  • Increased available memory
  • Bug fixes

can you clarify : (from your ‘Try’ page)

Integration plugins for SketchUp*, Shade* and Rhino* are included in the installation package.

*Integrations are Windows only.

so .3dm → FluidRay on mac is a no-go?

In both Windows and Mac, you can use FluidRay RT as standalone renderer and import .3dm files.

In Windows you also have an integration plugin that allows you to render directly from inside Rhino, without having to save to 3dm and then importing in FluidRay.

We are also working on an integration plugin for Mac.

you can import Rhino 3dm files directly to FluidRay. The Rhino integration is only for Windows right now. I don’t use Sketchup or Shade, so I can’t answer for those applications.

Fluidly adjusts to file units both metric and good old feet & inches.

I have been using FluidRay on the Mac for about a year now and just bought 4 licenses for work, 2 Windows & 2 Macs. It is defiantly one the best cross-platform renderers out there, when working with Rhino files. No converting to OBJ or other format. I tested a lot.

Hopefully now that Rhino for Mac is official, we may get FluidRay Mac Rhino integration, just sayin’.

@fluidray nice ring, what HDR are you using?

Thanks! I’m using this environment map:

Full HDR image:
studio001.zip (408.2 KB)

Preview:

Thanks @fluidray Will give it a shot later.