Quickest way of applying a layer colour to other layers?

Hi,
V5
I find myself memorising rgb values then typing them into layer colours I wish to change to the same colour.

How can I select a layer and then capture the layer colour and apply it to other layers I select ?

Steve

not exactly helpful since i’m on osx but i imagine windows would have a color sampler / eyedropper available in the color picker, no?

Actually, not. The different color pickers used in MacRhino are native to Mac IIRC. Windows only has one I think - the one you see in Paint - and it’s awful (hasn’t changed from like 3.1 either).

The one in Windows Rhino is custom, and there is no eyedropper function (yet). I seem to recall there were some alternate color pickers you could load, but I also think it required a registry hack.

–Mitch

Hi,
I am with PC so picker not of use I guess.

BrianM …that works, also with ctrl and picking random layers. Thats been bugging me for yrs, you cannot believe how useful that will be now.
excellent :smile:

Steve

With PC Rhino, you can edit the ‘colors.txt’ file to add to the colour palette list, so custom name and RGB values

1 Like

Yep. But there’s still no eyedropper color picker function that allows you to pick a color anywhere on the screen…

–Mitch

Yeah, I think there is a bug report asking to extend the RDK copy/paste of colors when edting materials and textures, very handy, throughout Rhino. I don’t know what the prospects are for that…

Well, I could not find it so I made one

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-29797

and there is this for eye-dropper

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-8619

-Pascal

Isn’t the eye-dropper already available through the drop menu next to color button? The one from the tiny triangle…

edit: I see, it is just not in the color picker itself. I was looking at materials.

Yeah, the RDK has some good stuff for that, it just needs to be in all Rhino.

-Pascal

I am very surprised as I didn’t know this before.
Now my colors.txt file is going to contain the RAL colors I use frequently.Thank you very much!

-Ufuk