Problem with Text alignement in Rhino MAC

Hei there,

I am using Rhino Mac since a while now and I have always this problem with text alignement.

OK so in fact after having saved and well closed a file. Then I re opened the same file and the problem is that some of my text have changed their alignement ??? Is this a normal bug ? Am I doing something wrong ?

What is so surprising is that the alignement doesn’t change after a closing.

You can see this in the image below : The rectangle in purple is the bounding box of the text.

It’s like the text slips alone…

And the problem is with all settings of alignement !!!

Thanks for answering !

Best regards

Lawrence

This thread seems to have slipped off the radar. Did you figure out your problem or find help elsewhere? If not, please let us know.

Dear Sir,

First thanks for answering,

As I wrote on Problem with Text alignement in Rhino MAC http://discourse.mcneel.com/t/problem-with-text-alignement-in-rhino-mac/25706

I got some big trouble with text alignement,

Maybe can you answer to my problem ?

Hei there,

I am using Rhino Mac since a while now and I have always this problem with text alignement.

OK so in fact after having saved and well closed a file. Then I re opened the same file and the problem is that some of my text have changed their alignement ??? Is this a normal bug ? Am I doing something wrong ?

What is so surprising is that the alignement doesn’t change after a closing.

You can see this in the image below : The rectangle in purple is the bounding box of the text.

It’s like the text slips alone…

And the problem is with all settings of alignement !!!

Thanks for answering !

Best regards

Lawrence

Above, this is what I wrote on the thread

Can I call somebody or is there any solution to my problem ?

Thanks a lot !

Lawrence

mail@lawrence-breitling.ch

0041 79 687 48 92

@dan, sounds like the text, which is top-justified, thus insertion point at the top, is somehow losing that info. The insertion point stays the same, but the text thinks it’s bottom justified, so it moves up. @Lawrence_Breitling - hey Lawrence, can you turn on points for the texts that have moved and see where they are? I bet the insertion point has not moved, but the text has.

–Mitch

I agree. That’s what it looks like to me too. I think I recall similar reports in the past, but I can’t dredge up anything useful searching our list of bugs.

I’ve been trying to repeat this behavior, but I can’t seem to. @Lawrence_Breitling I am also curious what is happening with the insertion point. What happens when you run PointsOn on the text?

This may be a situation where we need the 3dm file to diagnose the bug.

There Sir,

Sorry for answering late but I was kind of busy…

Here you’ll find the 3DM file which I have the Text alignement Bug.

I draw like a big Arrow to show you where is the bug in case you don t have the right view.

I just noticed that if I copy the text « A3 » to the right the bug disappear, so strange.

This one of my professional work so I trust you not to spread up this project everywhere.

Thank you very much for your help !

Best Regards !

Lawrence

Lawrence Breitling
Architecte - EPFL

e	lawrence.breitling@gmail.com

t +41 79 687 48 92

Lawrence Breitling
rue de la paix 7B
1020 Renens

BUG_FILE.3dm (8.09 MB)

Lawrence-

I apologize for the delayed reply. Thank you for the file, it is tremendously helpful in reproducing the issue.

I am able to reproduce this bug on my machine. I have logged a bug with the file attached (and only viewable internally): MR-2405.

-Dan

OKay then, thank you

but I don t understand everything, it means that the bug if fixed ?

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence-

No, sorry, the bug is not yet fixed, but we are still investigating a fix. We really appreciate your submitting a model that allows us to reproduce the issue…being able to do that is a huge step toward fixing the bug.

I apologize for the delays and inconvenience,
-Dan

1 Like

Dear Sir,

I hope you are well.

Do you have any news of my bug problem ?

Do you know when the Layout function will be available on Rhino Mac ? Will it be in 4.2 version ?

Thank you very much for your answers.

Best Regards,

Lawrence Breitling

I’m sorry to report we have not yet made progress on the bug you reported. We hope to fix this bug in the 5.2 update, which we are also planning to include Layout features. I wish I could give you a timeline for the release of 5.2, but I cannot.

This issue should be fixed in the next RhinoWIP update (coming soon). Thank you again for your patience and for reporting this issue.

1 Like

Thank you very very much

Do you know when the new WIP will be released ?

Really pleased that you answer me !

Lawrence

Hi Lawrence-

Do you know when the new WIP will be released ?

It should be very soon. We have one more bug to fix (related to the Layout feature) that we would like to fix before we publish an update to the RhinoWIP.

1 Like

Can’t wait! Thanks guys for making this real.

WHOUUWHOUUU,

today seems to be the great day !!!

Thank you very much for adding this great new feature to Mac.

Still need to understand well how it works !

Best regards and thank you for all the work !!!

By the way is it possible to add some layers in the drawing window and then appears in the layout menu ?

Like annotation or dimensions ?

Thanks

Dear Daniel hope you are well

Thank to everyone for the layout update for Rhino Mac.

Do you remember the text alignment bug that I report about 6th month ago ?

I still have it even with the last WIP version of Rhino!

Here is 3 printscreen showing that,

first in the drawing mode —> all clear well aligned
second in the Layout mode —> all clear well aligned
third one in pdf —> not-aligned the text V2 moved !!!

and it does it with other letters and text.

Thanks for answering !

Best regards !

Lawrence

1 Like

same problem here.

Hi Lawrence-

Again, I apologize for the delayed reply.

Yes, I do remember it well (MR-2405)…thank you again for your help reproducing it.

Very frustrating…but hopefully, with your help again, we can fix it.

Let me make sure I understand…

You are only seeing this when printing to PDF. Is that correct?

Again, it would be a tremendous time-saver for us if you would be willing to share the 3dm file contained in the screenshots above. It will (hopefully) allow us to reproduce exactly what you are seeing and fix the problem. Can you please attach it here or send it directly to me (dan@mcneel.com)?

Thanks again,
-Dan

PS: Tracking this bug in MR-2724.