Plugin Database

Hey Guys,
Do you know where I can get plugin files for FIREFLY? It looks like they have only Windows installer and I can’t extract actual dll files.
Thank you

I was having trouble installing plugins to explicit history (grasshopper). Found solution, may be obvious to many but documenting for people like myself.
Basically works the same as installing on a Windows machine. I had my mac brain in so didn’t think of this initially:

1. Open “Explicit History” in Rhino WIP

2. In Grassshopper open: File> Special Folders> Component Folder

3. Drop in the .gha and.dll files into the folder

2 Likes

@piac could you have a look at this for me please?

thx!

@mathias_gmachl Why do you have a space before / Support/?

@piac macOS uses unix fill path names and the peculiar space you’re referring to in the path name is for a folder called “Application Support”

unix allows spaces in file names by using the backslash character followed by a space, thus
/Application\ Support/
is a valid name for a single folder.

Yeah, but the runtime seems to think otherwise and says clearly it is not
finding them. Maybe there’s another way to reference the folder here. I’d
have to look.

Btw, Mathias, both Daniel Piker @DanielPiker and Will Pearson @will, the developers of
Plankton, work for McNeel, so you might ask them to investigate.

@mathias_gmachl, @LeoPedersen: As it turns out, the problem is coming from the mixture of forward and backward slashes with spaces. It seems that the runtime is having no issues by using the standardized path, like so:

To get this, in Grasshopper, use File → Special Folders → Component Folder.
Then, use ‘Obtain info’ on the item. You can copy cmd-C the path, although it is rendered in a fancy way. That worked well here for me.

I checked if this was a matter of character escaping and it seems it is not. Just use the normalized path.

Thanks, @piac that works nicely.

When I unzip the MSI file for Weaverbird, the files are coming through without extensions. Which files do I need to rename add for the plugin to work? Here’s a picture of what I’m getting from the download:

@sixpence – You can follow the instructions on this page: http://www.grasshopper3d.com/group/weaverbird/forum/topics/weaverbird-for-the-mac

Hi guys! Does anyone know if Karamba3d works on the mac?

Thanks

From what I see, no. The installer is an .msi - microsoft installer file and it costs so you are better contacting the developer and see if they plan on writing a mac version.

Ok clear :slight_smile: Thank you

Our most recent tests - please see the spreadsheet linked from this thread for more info - show that Karamba’s .NET plugin is trying to P/Invoke into a native DLL and it can’t find it. This could be an easy fix, it could be more complicated. @will was the last person to take a look…regardless, we’d be happy to work with the developers to help fix this issue if possible.

Hi everybody! Does anyone know if Ladybug works? it starts but rhino crash when i use Ladybug components…

To my knowledge, LadyBug has not been tested yet (until now). What errors, if any, do you get?

I tried some components, (after setting of default folder in LadyBug component) like “LadyBug_SunPath”…grasshopper and rhino crash without errors…just crash…

…sorry, i changed the default folder path and now the same components works…

1 Like

Hi guys! Thanks for making Rhino and Grasshopper availlble on mac!

I’m trying to use Hoopsnake and it seems to be loading fine. I’m also able to click “Step” multiple times, but whenever I click “Loop” or “Auto start loop” or if I double click the component itself, Rhino crashes.
I tested the same script on Rhino on Windows and it works.

Any idea if there is a simple solution for that? or suggestions for other loop components that would work on Rhino for mac? (tried Anemone but it makes Grasshopper crash on startup)

Would someone be able to instruct on how to get Paneling Tools for Grasshopper Mac loaded, please?

Assuming might be possible based on its listing at - ExplicitHistory Component Compatibility Testing :

No luck copying panelingtools2014090403_0.rhi to Components folder.

Thank you!