One point projection

Hi,
is it possible to project an object onto a plane, but instead of parallel projection project it from a point?

To create something like shadow from a point light?

Thanks everyone.

Hi volenjak- here is a script that does what I think you want -

To use the script, extract and save the .rvb file from the attached zip archive, then drag and drop the saved rvb over an open Rhino v5 window. This will load the script, set it up to load on startup in the future and register the alias

ProjectPersp
ProjectFromPt <<< Probably what you want

that will run the script much like a regular command. An alias can be typed or added to a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut (F-key).

ProjectPersp (8).zip (1.3 KB)

-Pascal

Thank you so much. Cant wait to try it.

Wrong file, @pascal :smile:

ProjectPersp.rvb (4.8 KB)

Taken from here: How to project a curve in viewport direction onto a brep?

Right- thanks, I updated the link on my post above. @volenjak, you should get the newest one.

thanks.

-Pascal

@pascal This was a feature request for V6… I didn’t find it in the youtrack system, but maybe I don’t know how to search for it… --Mitch

Hmm - yeah, prolly quicker for me to make a new one, just in case…
http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-29009

-Pascal

Does exactly what i wanted.

@pascal, thank you very much

@pascal
Just one more question. I don´t understand why there is a “Set projection direction” step? Is that necessary? The direction should be all the directions from the point?

Or maybe I don’t know what I am doing. :slight_smile:

Hi volenjak- the script needs to do some projection and other messing around involving bounding boxes and planes in order to eventually get some curves. These are then scaled and extruded and the results intersected with the target objects - it needs that initial direction so it can define a plane from it off of which to base the bounding boxes, projections etc.

-Pascal