No longer able to edit bitmap image on an icon or newly created button,

I can no longer edit a bitmap image on an icon or newly created button,
Create a new button
click the edit image button when the editor opens
draw something or import an image
click okay to close the image editor
click okay to close the button editor
Instead of my image or drawn artwork Rhino displays an x in the image space for me
Latest Rhino build
RM

Also I couldn’t get the image editor to work for the tabs, no editor opened up, but I closed Rhino and reopened and that now works but image editing of Icon buttons is not working for me at all.
RM

Hi Roland- it appears to work as expected here for buttons and tabs, so I’m not sure what to suggest. So, edting an icon works for tabs only, for you, is that correct? When making a new button, drawing in the icon editor should add pixels to all three sizes (16,24,32). What size are your toolbars set to? Default (24) or 32 pixels?

-Pascal

Yes editing only works on tabs for me.
My toolbars are set to default 24 pixels.

Are you on the same Rhino build?
Mine is:
Version 5 SR9 32-bit
(5.9.40609.20145, 06/09/2014)
win vista 32 bit
Thanks for taking a look.
RM

Hi Pascal,
Here are a few more glitches I’m getting.
I can edit an already created button’s icon but not a newly created one.
When I edit the image of an already created icon button clicking okay keeps the changes and the icon displays properly in the workspace.
But if I change any text on the already created icon and click ok the image disappears and shows the x instead of the image. So I can’t copy buttons and edit the image and add text or change text, if I do so the image is wiped from the icon.

When I go into the macro editor and click on a buttons macro text the image editor doesn’t open for newly created or altered icons the editor only opens for macros with images, so for the new buttons I’ve made the editor accessed via the macro editor doesn’t open.

It seems text on an icon is taking precedence over being able to edit it’s image. Editing text on an icon should not wipe the image from the icon is another glitch. Not able to create or edit icons for newly created buttons is what is occurring as well.
RM

Hi Roland- thanks for the details- when you edit the new button to begin with is it via Shift-RMB to get to the button ‘guts’ or are you doing everything from Macro Library?

How are you creating the new button? If, once it is created, you close and reopen Rhino and then edit the button, do you get any action?

Sorry, it all seems to work OK here, so I am trying to find the set of steps that breaks it. It may be a version thing, I’ll go back to the released SR9 and see if I cannot run into the same bug. (though this is the only report that I am aware of…)

thanks,

-Pascal

Hi Pascal,

“when you edit the new button to begin with is it via Shift-RMB to get to the button ‘guts’ or are you doing everything from Macro Library?”

Yes via shift rmb and I tried the macro library but there the picture editor doesn’t pop up at all on the icons with image problems. See image in last post.

“If, once it is created, you close and reopen Rhino and then edit the button, do you get any action?”

No action I even tried turning the computer on and off.

Now that I’ve looked into it deeper I think the problem is not the icon editing but the macro text that is attached to the button. I see in the macro editor every button I’ve ever had in Rhino even the deleted buttons still show a macro. Why are deleted buttons and test buttons with no macro text still listed? There’s tons of empty macros from deleted buttons.

Try copying a button
Change just a small portion of the text
for me after doing that the image no longer displays on the icon.

Or create a new button and copy the text below make an image for that it should work. Then create another new button, paste the text below but change the last line to .25 instead of .125, create another image and click okay, for me Rhino drops the image and I can’t edit the image in any way after I changed the text and clicked ok.

copy pause pause pause enter
sellast
move
r0,0

Hi @pascal ,
I haven’t heard back from you. Any news on trying what I posted I am still trying to deal with this error and no luck fixing it, I now have a bunch of icons that have no image displayed no matter what I do.
Thanks,
RM