New WIP crashing

Hi,

I installed the new WIP this morning (build 2014-08-27) and it crashed several times whilst trying to import a DWG file that the last build successfully opened, then trying to put a radius on a simple rectangle same thing. Have reinstalled the last build and everything is back to normal.

Open GL

Software information

Software versions
Rhinoceros version: 5.0 Wenatchee 2014-07-28 (519)
OS X version: Version 10.8.5 (assemblage 12F45)

Plug-ins
None

Hardware information

Computer hardware
Hardware model: iMac13,2
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Memory: 16 GB
Architecture: Intel 64 bit

Video hardware
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB
Memory: 2048 MB
Screen size: 2560 x 1440
Displays: iMac

Third party kernel extensions
None

USB devices
AKS: HASP HL 3.25
Apple Inc.: MacBook Air SuperDrive
Apple Inc.: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)
Apple Inc.: Apple Keyboard
Apple Inc.: Bluetooth USB Host Controller

Bluetooth devices
Apple: Apple Magic Mouse

OpenGL information

OpenGL software
OpenGL version: 2.1 NVIDIA-8.16.78 310.40.00.20f04
Render version: 2.1
Shading language: 1.20
Maximum texture size: 16384 x 16384
Z-buffer depth: 24 bits
Maximum viewport size: 16384 x 16384

Implementation settings
Use texture compression: No

Appearance settings
Antialiasing: 8x
Mip map filtering: Aucun
Anisotropic filtering: Élevé

I don’t see any crash reports sent by you, nor do I see any crash reports from anyone else that indicates a serious problem. If you are getting crashes, please send us the crash reports. This is the crash report dialog that appears when you start Rhino after a crash and has the “Send to McNeel” button. If you use the crash dialog that appears when the crash happens and has the “Send to Apple” button, we never see those crash reports.

I’m also not able to duplicate the crash conditions you report. Please post or send the DWG file that causes the crash. Sorry, I don’t understand what “putting a radius on a simple rectangle” means, so I don’t know how to duplicate that crash condition.

@marlin

No, I didn’t send a crash report - sorry… clicked automatically on no.

However, I reinstalled the latest update - WIP 2014-08-27 - this morning to recreate yesterdays problems to be able to send a crash report and it’s now working… it opens the DWG file I was having problems with and successfully puts a fillet (radius) on a rectangular polygon (simple lines).

So thanks for the quick reply Marlin, and sorry to having been too fast in reporting a problem - this is probably due to the fact that I religiously install every update and it’s the first time I’ve had problems, I didn’t think to try a reinstall.

On a more positive note, as an Industrial Designer I’m a fervent supporter of Rhino and don’t hesitate to recommend it! Thanks for all the work you are doing.