New Video Tutorial: Modeling Complex Transitions

In this advanced tutorial, learn to model smooth transitions using combinations of fillets, sweeps and network surfaces.

8 Likes

Brian,
As always this is super helpful and it shows me many tools that I was not aware of. I work with Rhino nearly every day and seem to learn how to do different ways of using the software as each day passes.

Question! Is there a way that someone like me can either download videos such as this, or is there a library where these videos can be purchased. I had a video download program designed for youtube videos but it will not work on Rhinos Vimeo videos. If I have the videos on my computer I can go back to them when I can’t remember something I saw, they are very valuable resources.

Another question many of the videos I see and always your videos seem to be made with a software rather than being shot over the shoulder with a video camera.Your videos just show the computer screen with what seems voice recording as you do your magic. I would like to have something like this for myself for future use.

Thank you for taking the time to make these videos I look forward to future videos you post.

All my best … Danny

You should see this download option on the Rhino Tutorials site directly versus playing it embedded here.

Screen recording can be done with lots of different programs. Some are freeware such as Camstudio but if you spend a little you can get more control and better output with something like Debut. Conversion to standard formats like mp4 .h264 is good if you plan to share online.

1 Like

Thank you Brian for this information. I will check into the screen recording software and most likely not go with the free ones. Free usually means limited.

All my best … Danny

Brian,
You would think that after this many years of using the web and having my own website I would scroll down the page. I now am having a great time downloading what I think are important videos to a folder on my computer so I can check them when needed. One is your Hello Gumball video I watched it early on when I upgraded to Rhino5 and saw many things you did, but only seeing it once left much to be desired, now I can spend the time to figure out what you do at my leisure.

You are a true asset to this forum!

All my best … Danny

1 Like

Oh stop, you’re making me blush whic cuases typos.

Agreed, it seems as though there is always more to learn with Rhino, which I enjoy. Thanks Brian, for putting these together, I’m always on the lookout for your videos and what I’ll glean from them.

New video about the same topic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Eb7n-UrIoo