Lighting effect does not render

I am using Vray 2 with Rhino 5.
I can set up and complete an Interior scene model successfully using the basic lighting application. However when I create a new Interior scene model I use all the same settings, when I go to View > Render I can see the lighting effect. When I render the scene the lighting effect are not visible.
This issue appears to be random. Most likely the next model I create, the lighting will work.
What I have tried out of desperation;

• Importing a working lighting effect from a previous model. The imported light fails to render.

looking forward to your input.

I think we need more information to give you some usefull advise.
For example: What do you refer to by "basic lighting application"
Are the lights on hidden layers, maybe?
If yes, ist the “Render hidden lights” switch activated?

Hi,

Basic lighting application, I mean Create Spotlight, Enabled.

1.  I checked the box: V-ray Option Editor>Global systems>Hidden Lights. (Is this the Render Hidden Lights switch?) The lighting effect did not render.

2.  I opened a previous model in which the Create spotlight effect renders successfully. Then unchecked the box Global systems>Light then rendered the scene, as expected the lighting effect was turned off /  did not render.  This is the effect I appear to experiencing in my model which fails to render the lights.

3.  I can produce three models in each the lights work. In the next new model, the lights do not render. The next new render the lights will render.

4.  In summary, I have one model where the lights render. The next model, the lights fail to render.

Peter

I opened a new Rhino file then set up a simple surface.
Above this surface I set up a working Spotlight then rendered the effect, it,worked.
I imported the model which fails to render its lighting effect.
Once imported I deleted the original lighting effect which was imported with model
I then copied the new models light source (which was above the simple surface) into the imported scene.
The light source inserted into,the scene is now rendering.

Hi,
Basic lighting application, I mean Create Spotlight, Enabled.

1.  I checked the box: V-ray Option Editor>Global systems>Hidden Lights. (Is this the Render Hidden Lights switch?) The lighting effect did not render.

2.  I opened a previous model in which the Create spotlight effect renders successfully. Then unchecked the box Global systems>Light then rendered the scene, as expected the lighting effect was turned off /  did not render.  This is the effect I appear to experiencing in my model which fails to render the lights.

3.  I can produce three models in each the lights work. In the next new model, the lights do not render. The next new render the lights will render.

4.  In summary, I have one model where the lights render. The next model, the lights fail to render.

Peter

Good to hear it works, even if it’s only a workaround so far. But that reduces the “time pressure” , to find a real solution.
Maybe you want to get a bit deeper into the way, lights in vray are working. They are meant to represent “real-world-lighting”, so there are some points to keep in mind.
The distance between light and object, for example, is essential, because real-world-lights only have effect within a range . Drawing units are important here.
There’s a point with the camera too, it represents a real-world-camera, so you have to keep aperture, shutter and “film speed” in mind to get a picture.