License key

i feel kinda dumb asking this but im not seeing it in the usual places. i went and bought rhino for mac. i have my full license key but where do i enter it so i am not using the eval lic key anymore.

In the Rhinoceros pull-down menu, run Preferences.
Click on the Licenses tool.
Click on Change license button.
Enter and validate your license.

Good luck

super john! thanks. i knew it had to be there somewhere

Where is this for the windows version? All i find under Rhino options is the licenses tab but then it ask for a zoo server as if i was part of a network

@Sebastien_Simonnet
It’s a little different for Rhino V5 for Windows.
If you’re running a 90-day evaluation (no key), then when Rhino starts, there is an option to enter a license key.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Is there a way to change my license key in windows?

I updated and put in the wrong key and now i can’t validate - bought a new key to replace the old on but can’t seem to

Hi
To change your Rhino for Windows license key code, complete the following:
Delete the old license file from your workstation. The LIC file is:
C:\ProgramData\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\License Manager\Licenses\60515f84-8f7f-41da-801d-1c87e32f88f5.lic
Note: By default, Microsoft has hidden your ProgramData folder. You can either use Folder Options to allow display of hidden files and folders, or you can type %ProgramData% in the address bar in Windows Explorer to navigate to it.

It’s possible there may be another license key. Delete this old license file from your workstation too if it exists. The LIC file is:
C:\Users<user_name>\AppData\Roaming\McNeel\Rhinoceros\5.0\License Manager\Licenses
Note: By default, Microsoft has hidden your AppData folder. You can either use Folder Options to allow display of hidden files and folders, or you can type %AppData% in the address bar in Windows Explorer to navigate to it.

Start Rhino on the workstation and when prompted, click on “Enter a license”, and enter your key code.

Follow the instructions to Validate your license.

Perfect - glad I asked at the start of the validation period. Thank you very much.