Iris: WebGL Export Plugin for Rhino

I know exactly what the issue is and will be releasing a fix very soon!

Iā€™ve updated Iris with some recent suggestions and some bug fixes.

• Fixes IP-13: Error when exporting for ā€˜Remoteā€™ location
  • Fixes IP-20: Text Entity transformation matrix from Rhino to WebApp is Incorrect
  • Adds support for Render Primitives which appear on objects that have
    specific render attributes that modify their appearance such as curve
    piping, softened edges, displacement, etc.

@jaybee63 and @pascal - see if this version fixes your issue of getting an error while exporting local

@Willem check to see how softened edges works here (feel free to try other such commands which modify the render mesh)

Hi Luis- the error I saw was in exporting ā€˜remoteā€™ and that seems to be fixed now, thanks!

-Pascal

I have tried the new release and am still receiving the same error message when saving locally to a network drive, local c drive or desktop. My user account is on a networked server and not a local drive, connection is via VPN.
Could it be an issue with temporary files that are created and saved on my networked user directories?
I can use the plugin on a machine which is connected directly via cable to the server but I mainly work from a remote location via vpn and use the zoo licence server.
The folders are created when I try to export on the remote machine but no files are created within the folders.

John

I can imagine that what you describe (Iris makes empty directories) does have to do with your setup. Being that my dev environment is different, I think I will ask you a few more questions in a pm to see if what i have in mind will fix things. ā€¦

Hi Luis,

R5/64, SR11, Iris 0.2.8

I canā€™t get a file saved - Rhino always show an error writing the webgl file.
What can I try (or you)?

Thanks,
-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

Hi Charles,
Do you get any folders created? Are there any files within the folders? There are a few bugs Iā€™ve fixed for the upcoming build. Let me finish that up and we can see if your issues remain.
All the best,
Luis

Iā€™ve uploaded Iris to handle a few issues from previous versions. The most important part of this release is the beginning of support for the Rhino Views. In this version the webapp will open with the main Rhino Perspective View as the camera. Perspective Named Views are also supported, but not accessible through the webapp yet. This is targeted for 0.3.0 release (along with layers).

Rhino 5.0 x64 and Rhino WIP versions available now.

Hi Luis,

no folder is created, just nothing.
And yes, the destination is a folder where I may write to (Desktop on a local drive).

OK, then letā€™s see how the next build behaves for me.

Thanks,
-C-H-A-R-L-E-S-

-just updated the releasesā€¦

Hmm, same as beforeā€¦

If it is the same, does it happen with any kind of file/model?

In this latest release, when exporting a file with 260 objects in it, the counter went up to 99 but nothing more happened. I then tried a simple box - that went to 98% without going beyond that. Converting the extrusion to a polysrf and trying again only goes to 97%.

A simple test with the previous version went fine when I tried that some time agoā€¦

OK, I will check what is going wrong. It is quite possible that I mispackaged some of the new files. Thanks for the heads up. If you have any data.json files generated that you can send me, that would be much appreciated. Are you using the 5.0 or WIP version?

Just tried the WIP version on a different PC and that seems to work. But also on this PC, the version for RH5 doesnā€™t work.

Hmmā€¦ hang on, User error - I still had that WIP export open in the browser. I now closed that one and exported the box again and it works with the box. I can try the other model on the other PC again tomorrow.

Ok. Thanks for trying. Let me know how the other pc does. In general, Iā€™m looking for ways to make the whole process a bit more straightforwardā€¦
Luis

No sigar on the other PC. WIP nor RH5.
Iā€™m attaching a zip with the data.json for the two.
webGL.zip (2.1 KB)

Hmm, both of these work for me. One is a grey box, one is a red box. SO it seems things are ok with the Rhino plugin side of things.

Which browser are you using? If on firefox or Chrome, can you press F12 (should bring up a debugger) and then F5 to refresh the page. Perhaps there are some errors being spit out to the console.

Chrome 42.0.2311.90 m - says itā€™s up to date.
This is on a Win7 PC, the other PC is Win8.1.

Console errors:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///[path]/data.json. Cross origin requests are only supported for protocol schemes: http, data, chrome, chrome-extension, https, chrome-extension-resource. An error happened Uncaught NetworkError: Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load 'file:///[path]/data.json'.

Same with any model, even with a simple box.