I am using " Rhino 4 " and running it on windows 8

I am using " Rhino 4 " and running it on windows 8 , suddenly all the import & export plugins are missing also some commands like untrimme seems unknown to Rhino !! Please Help
Is it like WIn8 dont support Rhino 4 partially or is there any mistake that i do while installing rhino ,
or may be some customized settings will help. ?

Requesting to help at the earliest.

Is this a brand new installation of Rhino 4, a brand new installation of Windows 8, or both? Upgrades of either or both?

Or is this a setup you’ve been using for some time and now [quote=“deepakp017, post:1, topic:29112”]
suddenly all the import & export plugins are missing also some commands like untrimme seems unknown to Rhino !!
[/quote] ?

One thing that is worth noting: Windows 8 was never considered very good, and was quickly supplanted by 8.1, which I suggest you do on general principles.

Any advice about your concern will depend on your answers to the above questions.

Rhino 5 runs fine on both Windows 8 and 8.1, I run both daily. Rhino 4, being developed for XP, has experienced install problems since Vista, as that was when the file system - most importantly what is allowed to be installed where - was most radically changed, and the UAC security system was introduced.

In order to circumvent these problems with Rhino 4 installs, it is imperative to be logged on as an administrator and to turn off UAC during the installation.

http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/vista?s[]=installing&s[]=rhino&s[]=4

Missing plug-ins are a sign of a failed install.

–Mitch

Didn’t say it wouldn’t work :smile:! Just that I found my experience with W8 was greatly improved in a lot of ways when I upgraded it to W8.1. I think about a bajillion other people were of the same opinion when they tried 8, which is why 8.1 came along so quickly after W8.

My Rhino is + 5years old, Just (2months back) I brought hp Laptop with pre installed win8.1 , at first month all was good everything was working correctly, than one fine day all of a sudden plugs and other commands disappears surprisingly., and after a week or so, they appeared for one session of my work than again it was gone.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times but it did not worked :frowning:

Funny, I didn’t realize that I still had an install of Rhino 4 on one of my computers, but in fact I went looking this morning and I did have one on my laptop that came with Win 7. I have since upgraded that machine to Win 10, and whaddya know, Rhino 4 seems to run fine on it… Well, it was installed correctly under Win 7 originally…

–Mitch

Yes I should downgarde my partition or hard drive with win 7 and try I hope this will work :slightly_smiling:
Thankz Helvetosaur :slightly_smiling:
THankz AlW
Thank you for your time and help .
I will update you guys once I get it started again ( Completely )