How to Toggle views in Rhino MacOSx

What is the keyboard shortcut to toggle through the views in Rhino for Mac?

i don’t think there is one. (nor do i think there’s a way to assign your own shortcut to gain the ability)

[edit]
it does appear however the request has already been made internally:
http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-831

@jeff_hammond - do either of the two scriptlets below run on Mac Rhino? I don’t have my machine here today to test…

GoToNextView.py (294 Bytes)

GoToPrevView.py (284 Bytes)

hey Mitch.

i only tested quickly but neither appear to work as you’re hoping.

the only way i can get them to do anything is if i have 4 views up… using GoToNextView.py, the focus will switch between views… as in, Top is highlighted then i run the script and Front becomes highlighted, then Right, then Perspective… (if i have custom views in the file, things get stuck on one of them)…

but if i have a single viewport maximized, it won’t cycle through the different views (nothing seems to happen if i have only a single viewport showing)

OK, I was afraid of that, would have been too easy… :persevere: It’s working here on Windows Rhino viewports, maximized or not… On Mac, it’s working the way it’s supposed to with the non-maximized views, all it does is make the next one active. Don’t know why it doesn’t switch views if maximized. Yes, it cycles through all views including custom ones.

I can try a couple of more things perhaps, hang on…

Does this work any better? Otherwise may be necessary to try some RhinoCommon stuff, no guarantee of success tho…

GoToNextView2.py (500 Bytes)

it works a little better in that if i have custom views in the file, it doesn’t get stuck on one of them while cycling through in 4view.

still no luck with a maximized viewport though.

(and funny thing-- what i’m working on right this minute, i could use this functionality :slight_smile: )

OK, gotta go home now, I’ll see what I can concoct… At least there is a Mac at home to test stuff. --Mitch

OK, there is a lot of stuff broken here, so looks like there is nothing much I can do…

fyi @Alain, @stevebaer
If the viewport is maximized in Mac Rhino:
Rhino.Display.RhinoView.Maximized is broken, it returns False in all cases.
rs.CurrentView(“viewname”) is also broken, it does not set the new view current.

–Mitch

Thanks Mitch,

I logged it and will have a look.

Alain