How can I get the system log of Rhino?

How can I save the Rhino and Grasshopper file history including all events like “undo” and “redo” run by user?

I’m PHd Student and for my research I need to access e know all the commands run by users. In this case they are students and I wish to analyse all the paths performed by them without recording the screen. Does Software Rhino give us one kind of “system log”? Can I save or access all the events run like History command? How can I do that?

I hope you can help me. Thanks!

Hi Aura,

Neither Rhino nor Grasshopper maintain a “system log” of what the user has done during a modeling session.

Specifically for Rhino, it is not too difficult to track the commands run by a user. The Rhino SDK provides events that notify you when a command begins and when a command ends. All you need to do is watch for a command ending successfully and log that event to some kind of list.

I don’t recall who requested this sample, but here is one that tracks commands and saves the information in the document (so you know what commands were run on the document). Might be a good starting point for a tool that meets your requirements.

Let me know if you have questions.

– Dale

Hi Dale,

Thank you very much for your help. I’ll check if the commands sent by you can help in my research. Also checked a plugin called RhinoTrack, but maybe he does not answer to my needs. But the information that you sent me is already a good start. I will have other challenges in this research, I hope to count on your help.

Thanks again.