Help...runtime error code:0

I was a few hrs into a project and I got the following error message -“Rhino will not start, unrecognized runtime mode:0”. Now I cannot save my file, and I fear my work may be lost. I can still make changes in the file, but can’t save it. I was able to save my “worksession” but I have never used that feature and am not quite sure what that even accomplished. Any help would be much appreciated !

1 Like

Hi Kirk - can you SaveAs or Export the objects in the file?

-Can you post a screen capture of the Help> About Rhinoceros screen?

• What plug-ins are you running, that are not default ones?

thanks, -Pascal

Hi Pascal,

No, it won’t allow me to save the file or export any objects. It still allows me to work on the file and make changes, oddly enough, but I can’t save them. I’m running straight Rhino, with no plug-ins. Here’s a screen shot of the error message.

Thanks,

Kirk

Can you please post a grab of the Help > About Rhinoceros screen?

thanks

-Pascal

Do you mean this ?

Thanks,

Kirk

Hi Kirk- thanks- I guess the first thing to do is update Rhino to SR 11, and make sure your Windows is up to date… The message you’re seeing is a new one to me . What version of Windows are you running?

Rhino updates here: http://www.rhino3d.com/download/rhino/5.0/sr

-Pascal

Hi Pascal - I’m running Windows 7. I’ll go ahead and update Rhino, but it looks like I’ll have to just cut my losses for now. Thanks for looking into this !

Kirk

You can try copy/paste to a second instance of Rhino and see if that saves. What happens if you try to export? How about to a non-3dm format like dwg or Step?

-Pascal

I wasn’t able to copy/paste, save or export any of the file, unfortunately. I just wound up rebooting and starting over. I’ve re-done the scene already, so all is good. Thanks again !

Kirk