Help Importing .stp File

My version of Rhino 5 is not opening this file. It may be corrupt, but I don’t know for sure. Could anyone give me a hand with this?

Thanks in advanceBoat.zip (897.7 KB)

Your file is STEP AP216, which is not really supported. Generally when we encounter an unsupported schema, we look for anything in it that would also be able to exist in STEP AP214. All of your geometry is contained in NONMANIFOLD_SURFACE_SHAPE_REPRESENTATION entities, which are not in AP214. No one has ever sent in an example containing this entity before, It would not be difficult to write something that will at least read the surfaces out of the file. I will put it on the list for a future version.

Solidworks seems to do what I’ve described above. I’ve attached the result of reading your file into SW and writing out as stepBoatFromSW.zip (2.2 MB) , in case it is of any use. You can read this into Rhino. I would have just attached the 3dm but is was too big.

Thanks a ton. This will work just fine.

Great. I’m glad you can use it. I’m not sure if this is visible to the public, but for your reference here is the bug. http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/RH-28977