Grasshopper for Mac available for testing

ok… that works… i can bake multiple selected components using the menu… thanks.

if i push spacebar while a component is selected, i get an error sound. (and nothing pops up)

the way i was baking the objects before was via right clicking and getting this menu:

If you select multiple items and right click somewhere on the canvas (not over a component), is there a menu? Do you see a bake item in there?

yep… that works. thanks.
mine isn’t as fancy…
just words.

(better font though :-p )

(i’ll start new topics from now on… or this thread is going to be a few hundred posts long of just me not knowing what i’m doing :smiley: )

A quicker way is to just press the Insert key once you have selected all components. Not sure if that works on the MAC though, but it’s supposed to.

1 Like

will somebody please buy david a shiny new macbook pro and send it over to him? thanks
:smiley:

4 Likes

Asked for it 6 years ago so when I heard about it was very excited!.. Thank you! Will be following its development closely…

If someone finds it uncomfortable to type ExplicitHistory you can always create an Alias for the word Grasshopper. Very difficult to change so many years of typing Gh… :slightly_smiling: Feeling like at home now.

In the latest RhinoWIP (5C95w), the ExplicitHistory command is no longer hidden…it autocompletes. Plus a bunch of other much more important bug fixes and enhancements.

3 Likes

Even though I have installed the most recent version of Rhinoceros for Mac (I have the 90 day licence) when typing the command explicit history I get the message : Unknown command: Explicithistory
OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)

@Konstantina_Iakovou, are you trying this in Rhino for Mac WIP? This is a work in progress version which includes some features and experiments not available in the release version of Rhino for Mac.

yes.
I downloaded again the version form the link you attached and installed it but the same thing happens

Not sure if the command autocompletes in that version, but if not, the command must be written exactly as ExplicitHistory

Unknown command even if I type it as ExplicitHistory

Please post a screen shot of window you see when you run the command About

Please run the About command. This will show which version of Rhino you are running. It is this information that you are asked to post here.

This is the release version. Look in your Applications folder for RhinoWIP.

Hi! I am trying RhinoWIP 5C95w on El Capitan, and when I type ExplicitHistory I get these errors after the parental advisory:

Object: GH_Scribble (level 1)
{
Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
TargetInvocationException
}

Object: GH_Scribble (level 2)
{
An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Grasshopper.Kernel.GH_FontServer
TypeInitializationException
}

Object: GH_Scribble (level 3)
{
Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
ArgumentNullException
}

Could you please help me?

Thanks!!

1 Like

What happens if you close the window?

Nothing. Just stops at 100% and GH never opens.