For Rhino V6 wishlist

Thanks HOLO. at first look i did not have seen the INI file you pos above your image.

I am working with your INI file. I have to understand what you change to get that results.
Thanks again… I will come back later and post more recent PNG output files. Hope with better good looking than i was be able to do it.

Remember you can set the line width to 3px for all curves and then use
-ViewCaptureToFile with 3x scale (use the - in front) to store a 3x resolution version of the viewport.

That will get you crisp curves for print.

BUT!
A better lines quality i was achieved by choose and tweak PEN DISPLAY MODE, turn SHADOWS OFF - then in print, choose PDF vector output. With this technique it is possible to have PDFs like AUTOCAD VECTOR LINES. In fact it is possible to ZOOM for about 600% or more and the lines still have a very good quality, like vectors. ( i think it is the only way for rhino do not calculate OUTPUT print files has BITMAP rasterized.

And for get that i use PRINTDISPLAY (state: ON […] Thickness: 50%) (layers state lineweight tune = like Autocad)

And for about what you are saying "SET LINE WIDTH to 3x for all curves and use VieCaptureToFile… I am going to test it.

Here are some test with your solution tweak:

I still have this issue about using BLOCKS… they simple not showed in Tecnical Display Mode. (and i need that blocks, because it is a huge project whit a lots of components. It is better to made changes in last minutes)

Nevertheless, your solution for x3 line width is not so good for me, because i have objects that have very small components (millimetres) and they not appear in print file.

For this project i think it is better with PRINTDISPLAY (state: ON, and change thickness lines in layer panel)

This one here was a PEN Display Mode with Tecnhical Pipeline and | PRINTDISPLAY state ON/ Color: PRINT / Thickness 50% | … ODE think is in this mode options it is possible to see CLIP PLANE LINE Thickness. Although it is note possible to change the line value on Display Options… And the same issue about BLOCK still here.

Yeah, blocks can be tricky.
You can try to extract the render mesh of everything, then hide the originals, then join the extracted rendermeshes into one. (don’t do it with the technical mode on, as it will have to recalculate everything) and see if that helps.

Regarding 3x line width, it is ONLY handy if you use 3x scale in -viewcapturetofile as it will make the lines the same thickess as on screen with only 1px width.

3x scale???
Teach me… i think i understand 3x line Widht in Display Mode Options. YES? or NO?

And, how to use 3x scale in -viewcapturetofile???

Just type -viewcapturetofile and click browse, give name, and then click “scale” and type 3:

ya!!! the problem was in use of the ( - ) hiffen simbol before type command. (Rhino have 2 ways for this command)… Without the ( - ) hiffen simbol rhino send me right way to save file (dont show browse option)… Lets see!! :slight_smile:

OK… i think i understand… With that BROWSE options it is possible to change RESOLUTION to. And the scale as you mention it is for LINE WIDTH? or it is for scale model?

Like i promise… Here are some fresh new PNG output from RHINO with some special TWEAKS teaches by “HOLO” user

Better Looking. Better Shadows quality. Better line definition. Although a good PNG file will have about 10 MB… (9000x9000ppx).
I was not test yet the orthogonal views. I will post some later.

Thenak again to all u help me achieve this kind of quality for my presentations in Architecture school.

Excellent!
-Viewcapturetofile is a great hidden treat that IMO should get full Render properties.

The resolution is good to set the size and then you can use scale to multiply that.
I also think there should be a line width scale option that override the display setting, but that will have to be a wish for v6.

And I like what you have done with the display mode.
What settings and what workflow worked best for you?

thanks again.
Later, when i get out job, i will come back here and send you my INI display mode. Then you can adjust for your projects… One think i have notice is depending on the type of projects, which could have or not very tiny components and a lots of them, lines width and thickness have to change to face the type and requirements of the project. Like i say before, when you send to me that .INI file, under your White House Example, it not work properly on my scree, due to my many litle components of my file. So i tweak it and learn from it… And made one WHITE INI for me.

I will come back later.
Best regards.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

That looks beautiful now. Far better depth to the image and the shadows look properly ‘attached’. Congrats for being persistent!

Thanks… i appreciate that…

Another Test view…
I have noticed that how much the file is increased by objects and components, the shadows seems to go down in quality… I dont know wy, but in this test i am using the same INI display mode options.

Here are the INI file… Please twaek it, and if you get better quality, come back to share please.

08 - Whites Shadows.ini (10.4 KB)

The shadows are generated as a texture, and this texture is applied to the “bounding box” of the objects that shall recieve shadows. So you will benefit if you can turn off Recieve shadows for some of the surrounding objects.

Thanks for the ini, I’ll look into it when i have time!

were did i found “TURN OFF RECEIVE SHADOWS”???

Casting and receiving shadows is set in object properties.

-Pascal

Can you please post some «print screen» of that MENU options. It is kind of difficult to understand (rhino options in English and translate to my knowledge)
:smile:

It’s the general object properties tab, the color wheel.

I see… but how that could give me better quality output PNG files?
(i think it is because of my large file project. It is not done yet, and it have 930MB… GPU wont load and dont rotate.)

this is 2 images from same shadows.
1º - one results in blurry shadows. poor quality

2º - this one shows better shadow line quality… but same… if i do not turn (EXTRACT MESH RENDER) the blocks wont appear in output.

And compare this 2 images with the one that i post above (perspective view… still i do not change shadows values, and give me diferent results.)

This one is from SKETCHUP 2015 - PNG output … As you can see, Sketchup can reproduce GOOD quality small shadows detail, like in that METAL GRID STAIRS that i made over there.

It is very dificult to achieve that kind of result without spend a lots of time in tune RHINO display options.
(and at this time, RHINO wont load LAYOUT any more, because of the large file. PDF give an white blank output… Even the PNG output wont give me results.)

I am start to get really angry and pieced off, out of my nerve. :frowning: