For Rhino V6 wishlist

Maybe a slider for manipulating the size would be great!

Does it not work for you to set the height for dots in the Dot dialog?

Id also love to see realtime history updates on surfacing edits, for instance if i made a surface using sweep2, and edit a curve afterwards, it only updates on mouse release, with realtime updates its easier to hit that sweetspot for the surface,

And also, in Alias for instance (last time i used it) surfaceswires with history are purple, without are blue, thats also a very nice feature,…

I can see the utility of this- but it is not as easy, from what I understand, as it might seem, given how things are structured in the UI. Presumably sub layers could override the parent to start a new set of colors with more sublayers- is that what you have in mind?

thanks,

-Pascal

Could the colours just be set by the user? I don’t know if it really needs to be automated. It would be useful just being able to pick the groups of layers I want and changing the background to whatever I want.

Dan

1 Like

Height in the Dot dialog does not seem to affect the height of dots which are dynamically drawn in realtime via a custom diplay conduit

Sorry, I didn’t read very carefully before I answered.
In V6, there are a couple of versions of DrawDot that let you control the size, and other stuff like colors, font, etc if you want.

Great!

Is it possible to set up some form of history or hierarchy for commands that run concurrently?

As an example, if I’m booleaning holes for screws, can the operation
ask me if I want to apply the same fillets to the inner and outer radii -
right click accept etc?

So rather than subtract a hole and then give the rim a 0.25mm fillet
then the bottom of the hole a 0.1mm rad internally it asks me if it
should apply the same command… Even if the diameter of and depth of
the hole is different or, might be asking too much but a different
shape?

Might sound a bit lazy but I boolean a lot of stuff and it would save
quite a lot of time towards the end/detailing part of a project.

Failing that it would be great if we were able to set up a library of
fillets so, say the last 5 dims were flagged and you could chose one of
them rather than having to type it in each time.

Some of the reverse engineering work I do requires a bit of guess
work, i can’t always ascertain what the fillets are without testing a
few to see what they look like when applied.

Cheers

Andy

Yes, Its been a long time wish of mine as well! Ideally the layer UI background color could be set to: None, Custom or ByParent (by parent layer folder).

Dimensions:

When putting dimensions from 1 to 19 - they are too small to fit between arrows.
As a solution, user could choose on a wich side of dimension arrows to put the number. (Like in AutoCAD or SolidWorks, I guess)

Otherwise it is not efficient to put them manually everytime.

1 Like

Has anyone suggested for more gumball control over comand line?
Gumball is a HUGE tool, extremely useful, and could be even more if we could set keyboard shortcuts for every function. As an example, I have CTRL-Q set as _RelocateGumball, CTRL+W as _GumballAligment _CPlane and CTRL+E for _GumballAligment _Object. But I miss the option to “Reset” and to switch between “Snappy” and “Smooth” dragging.
And Scale 2D is missing either, but it’s already requested.

Hi Diego- you can make aliases for most, if not all of the above -

! GumballSettings SnappyGumball=On Enter

btw, don’f forget GumballDragStrength

For Reset it is a little tricker, I’ll see if we can add a command for that

-Pascal

Thanks Pascal!
It’s just that _GumballSettings it’s not listed in the command sugestions, and neither in the help files. It seems to be another case of Rhino “secret” commands. :smile:

Right you are… let me find out about that. thanks.

-Pascal

1 Like

Could be nice to have a license deactivation feature to move the license to another Windows installation. I hate it when I reinstall Windows and see that license validation failure box.

A section clipping box (or pre defined geometry), similar to revit and microstation, which clips a model with a box. A evolution of the clipping plane.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Ability to PDF a screenshot as a vector, currently is rasterises it or as just wireframe vector.

Ability to lock to a named cplane. Thus the top wouldn’t go to world top but to the cplane top.

Ability to use more snaps with Mesh objects rather than just vertex.

A user forum where user requests receive votes and the top 10 get implemented in the next version. Autodesk has something similar for 3DS Max.

What do you want to snap to? I know mid-mesh edge and mesh face centroid have been requested in the past, mid edge is already implemented in the current WIP version.

Probably never happen - although number of requests do have some influence on features that get implemented, it’s far from the only criteria. Other criteria are ease of implementation, time/resources required, compatibility with existing features, etc…

–Mitch

In fact, near and perp. snaps to mesh edges have been implemented as well in WIP. yay.