Fillet edges problem

I have tried to make Exercise 32 in Training Manual level 1 - Screwdriver. Everything is OK, but when I try to make fillet edge in the handle - The handle part becomes from a closed valid polsurface, to invalid polsurfacescrewdriver.3dm (1.2 MB) (I have shown this by 2 layers - “handle with fillet”, “handle no fillet”). I can see it in the what command. Attached is the file. What is the reason for the above?
Thanks, Rachel

Hi Rachel- I believe this has been fixed for SR 12

http://mcneel.myjetbrains.com/youtrack/issue/MR-2041

For now, run the test command testRemoveAllNakedMicroloops … yep. Copy/paste, or type the entire command, it will not auto complete.

-Pascal

There is something really strange going on here. When you the explode the handle and run Untrim all on the surfaces there are duplicates of all the pipe grooves. This happens again after re-booleaning everything after deleting the duplicates. The test command only fixes some of the naked edges for me.

Thank you very much.
I have tried the test command, and The result is that handle becomes Valid Polysurface, but yet it is not a closed object, yet there are naked edges… Is there a way to fix the problem? Attached is the file after running the test command. screwdriver.3dm (1.2 MB)

I want to use this stage in order to say something to Steve and all Mcneel Team - I have rented the Vimeo Videos of Rhino 5 Level 1, and Steve - YOU ARE A GREAT WONDERFUL TEACHER !!! All you explain is very clear, nice explanations, I enjoy every minute and learn a lot from you !! Thank you very much !!

I have tried the test command, and The result is that handle becomes Valid Polysurface, but yet it is not a closed object, yet there are naked edges… Is there a way to fix the problem? Attached is the file after running the test command. screwdriver.3dm (1.2 MB)

Hi Rachel - testRemoveAllNakedMicroloops, Explode, Join, and then another shot of testRemoveAllNakedMicroloops seems to have cleaned it up here…

-Pascal

YEH !!! IT WORKS !! Thank you very much