Fill object with specific volume

If someone suggests that I “imagine a drinking glass” why would I visualise something that didn’t have a simple revolved interior? To assume that it had an irregular shape would be adding unnecessary work to a hypothetical proposition, no?

If the direction was ‘imagine a drinking glass with an irregular shape’ then I would have approached the question slightly differently.

No doubt we’d have all offered the same free snippets of information but without vitriolic criticism, which I find amusing… :kissing_heart:

I hope you are not suggesting my last post was critical, nothing could be further from my intent. In fact my first inclination was towards revolved shapes as well, but then I thought “wait a minute”.

Max :relaxed:

Yes. When that occurred to me in bed last night I found it amusing too since I’ve run into that problem before. :o)

I realized that the way to do non-revolved shapes would be to write a script or program that recursively runs Hydrostatics, moving the waterline up a specified amount until a set volume with a +/- tolerance is reached and spits out the final waterline elevation. A bit beyond my current capability but it would be a very useful function for Rhino in general.

If it’s any consolation, my face is much flatter this morning.