Feature request: move rounded rectangle from center

HI!
I’d like to be able to move a rounded rectangle from its center. This does work with a squared-corners rectangle, but when the rectangle has been rounded at the corners, then rhino doesn’t provide its center point anymore. Annoyingly, in such a case, I need to draw a bissecting line inside the rectangle, then move the rounded rectangle from the Midpoint of that line.
Can something be done? Thanks!
Arnaud

wow strange coincidence i guess. i was just trying to do this 5 min ago on the windows version and it picks up the center not from the center of the rectangle but from the center of the rounded end. i just came on here thinking of posting this and here it is, already done…haha thanks! of course its almost as easy to just use smartrack on the midpoints BUT you would still think you could automatically find center

Use AreaCentroid to find the center. Highlight both rectangle and its center point, and move with point snap.

Here is my attempt of scripting this task. You can drag and drop the file into Rhino. It sets two commands: MoveFromCenter, and MoveFromCentre ) Doesn’t move meshes though (need to read more about VB arrays).

MoveFromCenter.rvb (1.7 KB)

You can do whatever you want with it (preferably - fix it, and rewrite it in Python).

it’s in the rhino for mac sub forum so…
Python :wink:
(.rvb means nada to us)

(edit- I guess your edit was happening during my post)

Here is a Python script to move either any closed planar curve or planar single surface from its area centroid point to wherever…

–Mitch

MovePlanarObjectFromCenter.py (1.0 KB)

2 Likes