Export curvature values for curves

I believe there is no built-in way to export curvature values from points on the curvature graph. Is there a script available to do this?

What I am thinking of is a way to export, as csv or xls, curvature values measured at a set distance along the curve (e.g. every 1 cm) or with a given density (e.g. 10 per curve) on all the selected curves.

Dmitri

@Zemleroi,

What curvature information you are interested in ?

below is a quick python script which creates a two column *.txt file. First column is the measured point, second the curvature radius at the point measured. You might open the script in the python editor using _EditPythonScript to change some settings, eg. dgits after decimal, file format etc. The seperator between the columns is just a space character. You can set the number of divisions per curve when running the script.

Since this works with multiple curves, the list of rows starts with “CurveID:” (1st column) and the ID in the 2nd column…

CurvatureAtPointsToTxt.py (2.0 KB)

c.

Hello Clement,

Thank you for your reply and the code! I was looking at extracting the radii of curvature and the centres of curvature (xyz).

Dmitri

@Zemleroi,

below is an updated script with a third column for the curvature center.

CurvatureAtPointsToTxt2.py (2.3 KB)

c.