Duplicate circles strangeness

What i would call duplicate circles, but strangely they report in the hover tips dialog thing as being on a layer that is not in the file…??
I only caught these by accident - how would i find and remove them…??
How was i able to create them?

V5 SR9 64 09/06/2014

thanks
rabbit
strange_dupholes.3dm (119.4 KB)

All circles are on the same layer: “plates” which is a sub-layer of “ACCESSORIES”.

The extra “circles” have Object names of “hole_rear_top”. Did you confuse that with a layer name?

The extra "circles’ are curve objects but are not shown as circle objects. The other circles are circle objects. The extra “circles” are not exact duplicates. The maximum deviation between them using CrvDeviation is 6.46267e-05. Also the control points are in slightly different locations. Zoom in close enough and the differences are visible. That is the reason SelDup does not identify the extra “circles” as duplicate objects.

Was this geometry imported?

From the Properties tab > Details tab for one of the pairs of circles:

curve
ID: 21c5b043-7b26-427d-99d1-b0b6c2adb4af (175)
Object name: holes_rear_top
Layer name: ACCESSORIES::plates
Render Material:
source = from layer
index = -1
Geometry:
Valid curve.
Circle
start = (-1536.75,1648.43,2081.41)
center = (-1536.75,1651.43,2081.41)
radius = 3
curve
ID: d596b938-0502-4218-bf36-12fb84814d49 (158)
Layer name: ACCESSORIES::plates
Render Material:
source = from layer
index = -1
Geometry:
Valid curve.
Circle

Thanks David
Yes, I confused the object name with the layer name, partly because I have not named any objects.
There was a temp layer at one stage that had that name though…

The file was not imported - it’s all rhino.
All the curves in that drawing are created from a solid via make2D. The holes in the solid were all created from arrayed circles made via the circle command, and then via the make hole command.

Anyway, having somehow created these rogue circle curves, I cant think yet how I might check for their existence?

Since they are all the same colour, all on the same layer, and visibly identical (unless zoomed right in) I cant think how I might discover them…

I think that an improved select duplicate has to be the answer.
I note also that the current SelDup will sometimes not even select as duplicates objects that are made via copyinplace…
It’s well overdue for an overhaul, but that’s a different topic.

Cheers
rabbit