Document edit time?

Hi list,
In the 3dm file format, a section is written with edit time information. Is this information available in the Rhino API?
For example:
T i m e O p e n \ 1 0 0 7 / 2 0 / 2 0 1 4 1 7 : 0 4 : 3 9 F¾°K € @F T i m e S u b j e c t \ 1 0
M o d e l l i n g ¾» a € @X T i m e D e s c r i p t i o n \ 1 0 N o d e s c r i p t i o n J¯€9 € @V
T i m e C l o s e \ 1 0 0 7 / 2 0 / 2 0 1 4 1 7 : 2 2 : 1 1

Kind regards,
Peter Kompier.

What is available is when the document was created, and when the document was lasted saved. Using RhinoCommon, you would use RhinoDoc.DateCreated and RhinoDoc.DateLastEdited properties.

Rhino.FileIO.File3dm also has support for reading information like this out of external files

Hi Steve and Dale,
The information in the file is more than only the file attributes. It looks like the worksessions of the imported template file. For a link with project management software i try to find document specific worksession information.
Without the zoo, is this worksession information written in the Windows eventlog or anyware else?

Hi Peter,

Rhino does not have a mechanism that tracks how long the user has worked on a model (or how long he has had the model open). It is certainly possible to write a plug-in to track how long a model is open in the editor.

Also, if you turn on usage tracking on the Zoo, you can track when a user get a license from the Zoo, and when that license is returned. But, the Zoo does not track model-specific open times.

Does this help?

Thanks Dale. I already made such a work session monitor. It writes session information in the windows eventlog. It also tracks and compensate document idle time after 15 minutes without a selection. A sync app in ms Project imports these sessions in subtasks to track project progression. What I was looking for is a way to track down edit time in old and external created documents.