Display options - disengage yellow boarders of an object when moving it

Hello community,

My question:
I was wondering if there is a way that I can momentarily disengage the “ghost outline” of an object, its yellow boarders and move line when moving a poly-surface from one point to another?

Why?
I really like rhino’s 5 new “pen” viewport display option.
By using Microsoft’s expression encoder 4 screen capture SP1 I can successfully screen record my work in rhino in real time making quick client animations. It is a fantastic and easy way to make an animation.

By removing the above it will make my recordings look more refine and complete.

After I capture my scene I edit all my scenes, add an introduction,an end, some music/narration and then publish the video through .wlmp in HD definition.

My clients love it!

I found that this is a much faster and effective way to produce product animations without the use of the Bongo plugin.

I hope you guys find this useful. It truly does enhance your presentation and saves a lot of time. :slight_smile:

Chris
Industrial designer (CSM MA)

I change my ‘select’ color to contrast my white background when I make recordings, so you could try to change the color to something less noticeable. If you match the object or background color perfectly, you might not even see the default yellow borders.

Thanks for this schultzeworks - very useful tip!

Can you please tell me how I can change “my select colour”?

Rhino Options > Appearance > Colors > Selected objects

If you change that to something grey like the Pen background, your selected object will hardly be visible. But I’m not sure if that is the effect you are after…

The ghost object and the tracer line will still be there.

Much appreciated, thank you.