Dimension questions

I think it would be a mistake to assume McNeel goes from the current state of dimensions to a solution that solves all problems imaginable no matter at what angle, what C Plane, what viewport, etc. I can see where, in this video, problems would arise as indicated but I also would expect to have to provide some guidelines in difficult circumstances like this in any program. I especially like a combination of Jeff Hammond’s idea to use the 3 point rectangle combined with Pascal’s idea to have a grip to rotate the dimension around the two cardinal points. That would be a huge step forward.

1 Like

I can pretty much get all the dimension that Scott shows currently in Rhino using multiple viewports, with the exception of the Dimension D which I can’t easily get. See Video here Although that said it would be nice to have the ability to dimension directly in the 3D without having to jump back and forth.

Sorry, the video is no longer available. Where can I find him? I am facing exactly the difficulty described in this topic