Delete Key doesn't work in Rhino Build 2013-11-13(489)

I just updated Rhino for Mac to Build 2013-11-13 (489) and whenever I press the delete key, it does not delete the object, but instead brings up the command search panel.

I am running Mac OS X 10.9 on a 2011 MacBook Pro.

I hope this huge issue is fixed very soon because DAMN it makes me want to throw my computer out a window.

2 Likes

Same here. For the time being. I suggest when command search panel appears to type DELETE. Although this becomes very annoying. I also hope this gets solved quickly.

I’m having the same issue after updating. Please fix!

I agree, I liked it better when the delete button deleted objects.

Same issue here… delete (aswell as backspace key) opens the command search window… even the combination of command + delete opens the command search - i didn’t find a workaround to delete any objects yet…

–> STEP import works fine though! Good job there! :slight_smile:

I’ve the same problem - been using command/cut…

It looks like Command+Delete works. I don’t know if this change was intentional with the U/I development or not. I don’t know what “typical Mac-like” behavior would be.

It seems to be a lot like the new Mavericks power button behavior change though. Now I have to Ctrl+Power to shut down OSX.

@Marlin will chime in when he gets a chance.

This will be fixed in the next WIP release. The code for handing typing of commands had to be revamped to work around the almost full second delay that OS X Mavericks introduced to command auto-completion, and this was inadvertently broken. As mentioned, Command-Delete and Command-X (Cut) are workarounds.

Is this related to why hitting Enter won’t repeat a command now?

No Mavericks 10.9 here , but working on 10.8.5 .
Certainly Delete is working but only as combination cmd +Delete (backspace) ,(not previously known on my mac at least ) This would not be so bad however sequential polyline points cannot be reverse deleted with any key or key combination.

Hi All,
I thought I was going nuts here with build 489 on Lion. A few days ago I activated the keyboard common F key box in Keyboard Options for other software I use and found the Delete key in Rhino not functioning. I thought I might have bought on the fault through this action.
Rob

While they are working on the permanent solution, you can edit the keyboard shortcuts to restore the delete key to actually delete things. Not sure if it’ll work for the backspace key though.

http://wiki.mcneel.com/rhino/mac/keyboardshortcuts

That’s a big ditto. not fun having to use the keyboard to delete