Creating custom spot lights and flood lights

I am creating a model for an exterior sculpture. I am working with a lighting designer who has provided me with specifications for fixtures that he is planing on using to light the art. I would like to try to simulate as best as possible so I can test placement and provide renderings for the client. I was hoping there would be a way to literally build a simple tube shaped object that would have a spot light with the appropriate lighting properties embedded. I could then copy and paste them throughout the model as necessary. I have attached a rhino file with the 3 different fixtures and their corresponding specifications. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any input.
Z
CUSTOM SPOT LIGHTS for model030115.3dm (1.0 MB)

if the light unit has an ies file you can use it in vray. which will give you the exact light simulation of that light.

I think I can get an IES file for the specified lights. I have not used Vray before. I’m am somewhat new to rendering tools. Is it pretty straight forward to utilize it for what I am attempting to do?

Just curious, is there a way to adjust the beam in RHINO. I see in spotlight properties under details it list the information, but I could see where to modify it.

hi,

rhino spot light properties can be found at the properties tab and light properties button but it may not what you want.

for vray ies light there are lots of tutorials at youtube…

A actually just figured out how to make a spotlight with a specific beam angle in RHINO, but your right, I don’t think it’s going to replicate like vray. I just downloaded the demo of vray. Ill give it a shot. Thanks