Compatibility AMD Rx480

Hi John,
I read the wiki page where you WARN about AMD cards.
My last PC, (which I used for a long time until three months ago) had an AMD R9-270X. I never had any problem with Rhino5(64bit), not in Win8 and not later in Win10. I always used antialiasing - looked fine to me and never had any issues at all. It was also clearly OpenGL mode - not DirectX.

I guess it would have had look nicer with an Nvidia card?

A friend of mine also uses an AMD card (little older HD5750) with Rhino5, antialiasing, also no issues.

Since for me AMD+Rhino5+OpenGL+Antialiasing all together has always worked just fine, I’m again leaning more towards buying an AMD card again.
Could you please tell me what other problems there might possibly be with AMD?

You mentioned:

conflicts with another application they install with their driver package

you’re probably refering to this useless “raptr” app? I absolutely hated AMD for installing this app on my system - no option to uncheck while installing and it was also not “uninstallable”.
but there is a simple workaround for that. AMD driverpackage unpacks to C:\ before installing from there. after it unpacks there you just browse to the folder of the “raptr” app and just delete it. only then you hit “next” at the install program. this way the stupid app will not be installed. remember every time you update the drivers.
the new driverpackage is called “crimson” maybe the changed it.