Can we exchange platform licenses? Rhino5 WIN for Rhino5 OSX?

Really !! I had a win rhino license, but never got an offer of update. I purchased at the current price. Was this offer only for latest Windows version. As I had hung onto my old license ?

Yes, you had to be a registered Rhino 5 for Windows user and have actively tested Mac Rhino (I donā€™t know what the criteria was for that).

Ok, thats fair enough, as the price I paid was equal to an update. Cheers for clarification.

Yep :wink: Iā€™m very happy :smiley:

Philip

The Modo licensing scheme is nice. You buy one license and you can use it on any platform you wish; Windows, Mac or Linux.

Same with Adobe. I love the Creative Cloud too, the ability to download and use on any platform is just right.

mcneel should do thatā€¦ then youā€™d only have to pay 295 for a mac license and use it on windows :wink:

what i expect to happen (for no actual reason) is that the two versions will eventually meld together more and Rhino for Mac -or- Rhino for Windows will just become Rhino againā€¦ (well, iā€™m sure itā€™s still just rhino if youā€™re a windows user)ā€¦ a license will cost the same for either platform.

right now, theyā€™re more-or-less separate products.

2 Likes

The actual reason, IMO, is convenience and modernity, once both are more equal. Until then, the discount/separation is logical.

1 Like